Using bluetooth headset for Skype/Google Chat

Old March 16th 07, 10:38 PM posted to alt.cellular.bluetooth

Default Using bluetooth headset for Skype/Google Chat

I have a Dell Inspiron 710-m (which unfortunately is not bluetooth
enabled).

So, I got a D-link DBT 120 bluetooth dongle, and Motorola H350
bluetooth headset

I'm a novice with computers, so I'll have to hear from someone out
there who knows better --

1. To pair these two devices, I used the process given in the manual,
and it worked. Do I need to do anything extra?

2. Once these devices have paired, how do I change my voice/audio from
laptop speakers and mic to this Bluetooth Headset?

Help would be highly appreciated!

Old March 17th 07, 08:43 PM posted to alt.cellular.bluetooth

wrote:
So, I got a D-link DBT 120 bluetooth dongle, and Motorola H350
bluetooth headset

1. To pair these two devices, I used the process given in the manual,
and it worked. Do I need to do anything extra?

Did you load the drivers that came with the DLink? The stock drivers in
Windows don't offer a headset profile, as I recall.

2. Once these devices have paired, how do I change my voice/audio from
laptop speakers and mic to this Bluetooth Headset?

I have a Motorola HS820 and a DLink DBT-120 using the DLink-provided Widcom
drivers. That works for Skype and Ciscophone, as well as Windows audio.

Turn your cellphone off, or disable the Bluetooth. Turn the HS850 off,
then hold the button until it blinks, and then turns steady. At that
point, you should "view devices in range" in My Bluetooth Places.

The Motorola Headset should appear. A double-click should prompt you for
the PIN code, which is 0000. Once you pair, you don't need to repeat that
step. Power on the HS850, but don't force it into pairing mode.

The HS820 should emit a double-beep every couple of seconds, indicating an
incoming connection. Press the button like answering a call, and you
should now be an audio device to Windows.

control-panel-sounds would let you select the Bluetooth Audio as the
default, which might already have happened. Some other sound program, like
Skype, lets you select which audio device you want to use.

start-programs-accessories-entertainment-sound recorder should let you do
some testing.

--
---

Old March 19th 07, 01:58 PM posted to alt.cellular.bluetooth
Don Tucker

In article , wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Will this work with Macintosh computers?

drt

bluetooth headset with PC USB adaptor using Skype JWH UK mobile telecoms 3 July 5th 06 08:13 PM
Skype via standard SE wired headset? [email protected] Ericsson 0 June 23rd 06 05:20 PM
bluetooth with skype. Aaron Bluetooth 1 September 16th 05 01:28 PM
bluetooth chat program Christopher Pollard Nokia 4 August 4th 04 11:34 AM
PDA + Bluetooth Headset + Skype Morgan Pugh Bluetooth 12 June 8th 04 05:55 PM