block call from specific number on Alltel

Old September 26th 07, 04:45 AM posted to alt.cellular.verizon
ZetaTau

Default block call from specific number on Alltel

I would like to block a call from a specific number. My carrier is Alltel.
Thanks.

Old September 26th 07, 05:17 AM posted to alt.cellular.verizon
The Ghost of General Lee

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 03:45:57 GMT, "ZetaTau" u37738@uwe wrote:

I would like to block a call from a specific number. My carrier is Alltel.
Thanks.

So, why did you ask on a Verizon Wireless group? And you cannot block
calls from a specific number on Alltel. The best you can do
(depending on the model of your phone) is to change the ring tone for
that number to a "silent" one, or change your number.

Old September 27th 07, 02:56 AM posted to alt.cellular.verizon
ZetaTau via CellPhoneKB.com

Well, I did not know that this was a VERIZON group. Excuse me. Thank you
for answering my question, though you didn't have to be rude about it.

Old September 27th 07, 06:21 AM posted to alt.cellular.verizon
XS11E[_3_]

"ZetaTau via CellPhoneKB.com" u37738@uwe wrote:

Well, I did not know that this was a VERIZON group. Excuse me.
Thank you for answering my question, though you didn't have to be
rude about it.

Just curious, why were you unable to read the name of the group?

"alt.cellular.verizon" should tell you it's a Verizon group, shouldn't
it?

The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://improve-usenet.org
Old September 27th 07, 06:33 AM posted to alt.cellular.verizon
The Ghost of General Lee

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 01:56:44 GMT, "ZetaTau via CellPhoneKB.com"
u37738@uwe wrote:

Well, I did not know that this was a VERIZON group. Excuse me. Thank you
for answering my question, though you didn't have to be rude about it.

I wasn't rude. If you would use a real news reader to access
newsgroups instead of some pitiful web interface, it would have solved
most of your problems. Like the follow-up in my previous reply (as in
this one, too) was directed to alt.cellular.alltel, the proper group
for this discussion, but the web interface you used ignored that.

Check into using a real news reader. Hell, even Outlook Express is
better than using a web interface.

Old September 27th 07, 06:35 AM posted to alt.cellular.verizon
The Ghost of General Lee

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 22:21:29 -0700, XS11E
wrote:

"ZetaTau via CellPhoneKB.com" u37738@uwe wrote:

Well, I did not know that this was a VERIZON group. Excuse me.
Thank you for answering my question, though you didn't have to be
rude about it.

Just curious, why were you unable to read the name of the group?

"alt.cellular.verizon" should tell you it's a Verizon group, shouldn't
it?

I think this line says it all:

Damn web interfaces.

block number Laura Verizon 0 February 24th 07 02:12 AM
Which mobile phone can bar inbound/outbound calls for a specific number? Simon43 UK mobile telecoms 3 February 5th 07 01:34 PM
How can I block a number? TINY Sprint 1 October 30th 06 04:43 PM
How to block a number? RickRamey Cingular 5 June 30th 05 10:15 PM
How to call block an incoming? The Ghost of General Lee Verizon 2 December 12th 04 01:02 AM